Kirsten Sowers has been performing to support schools, military and children since the age of 8. In 2011, at the age of 11, Kirsten wanted to establish her own foundation, and so it began...
Kirsten Kares Foundation was registered in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on March 25, 2011. Through performing and fundraising, we will support the military, children, animals, those caught in natural disasters, and recognized charities supporting similar areas. Based on our integrity, values and enthusiastic actions, we seek to fulfill our mission and reach our goals. Monies raised during fundraising activities throughout the past have helped the Foundation assist such charities and organizations including, but not limited to:
For a complete listing of past performances and events, please Contact Us.
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Numerous Performances for patients and their families. Also supplied kid/teen magazines, and a digital camera!)
- Flyers Wives Carnival and Comcast-Spectacor Foundation (donated Martin guitar and obtain 2011-2012 team signatures for silent auction item)
- Operation Troop Aid (Performed and held fundraisers to benefit the Military)
- National Kids Day Celebration at Hershey Foods (Performed in the 2-day celebration)
- Freedom Gives Back Tour at Maguire Air Force Base on 9-11
- Lighthouse Christian School, flooded School in Nashville, TN (Performed concert, fundraised and supply annual holiday lunch)
- Musicopia's 1st Annual Children-Helping Children Perform-a-Thon at World Cafe Live in Philadelphia (to benefit underprivilieged children for music programs by supplying instruments and instructions throughout Greater Philadelphia)
- Armed Forces Freedom Ride (Performed at the Fifth & the Sixth Annual Freedom Ride to benefit Armed Forces personnel and families)
- American's Heroes on Memorial Day Weekend Military Night at Wall Stadium Speedway - Performed two years in a row. (National Anthem and God Bless America)
- Freedom Gives Back Tour at TD Performing Arts Center (Performed to benefit Military, Wounded Soldiers and families)
- 9/11 Memorial & Monument of the Delaware Valley Dedication and Unveiling (Performed God Bless America)
- Kids Rock for Kids Benefit Concert for Mothers Against Drunk Drivers (Preformed to raise monies for MADD at World Cafe Live)
- ING Kids Rock Events in Nashville, TN; Philadelphia, PA; and Los Angeles, CA performed to start the Kids Day Race to fight childhood obesity in schools.
- Startin' School In Style at Plymouth Meeting Mall, modeled and performed to help girls from families that are homeless or in shelters start the school year with up to five outfits they pick out! (My first modeling event! -- so much fun!)
- Celebration of Heroes Memorial Weekend Tribute to the military, Wildwood, NJ for the benefit of the USO and the National Military Family Association.
The Kirsten Kares heart logo, designed exclusively by Kirsten, together with the slogan "On Stage... On A Mission..." was copyrighted in the United States Library of Congress on May 7, 2011.
We thank you for your interest and support. If you are interested in having Kirsten perform at one of your 501(c)(3) charities or events, please feel free to Contact Us.